At Dalriada, we aim for our lodges to be as accessible, safe and easy to navigate as possible to all.
We understand that all our guests are unique and that needs and preferences can vary, so we are always here to listen to your specific needs and to strive to provide accommodation which caters for your individual requirements – including any equipment such as hoists which you will bring with you.
Some of the features and adaptions we have made, or can make for you, include:
- Vehicles can back up to all our lodges on a hard, level surface giving space to open doors wide enough for wheelchair users.
- Mobility scooters can be secured and charged in our kit houses at each lodge.
- Lodges are all on one level with hard floors throughout and rugs can be removed.
- All doorways are wheelchair accessible.
- Six of our lodges are pet-friendly and can accommodate assistance dogs as well as family pets.
- Two of our lodges are guaranteed pet free for anyone who has allergies.
- All lodge furniture can be moved – or removed – to suit individual needs. For example, we can remove one of the single beds to allow space for care equipment and chairs.
- The lodges have two bedrooms which can help to facilitate family trips with accompanying carers.
- All lodges are decorated in calm colours with no overstimulating patterns, and we can remove any distracting visual elements of furnishings.
- Our oak skirting boards delineate the walls and floors.
- We have mechanical heat recovery filtration and ventilation to ensure optimal air quality.
- Hypo allergenic bedding throughout.
- Our app gives clear information about the lodges and the local area which can be translated into 17 languages.
- Neuro diverse guests often appreciate the well-equipped kitchens which mean that they can dine every day in the privacy of the lodge.
- We include one-page concise instruction sheet for all lodge appliances as well as the full manual.
- Our ovens are low level.
- No flicker LED lighting.
- Talking keyless entry.
- Our lodges all have private outdoor space for those who prefer seclusion.
- The self-catering element of a Dalriada holiday means that home routines can be preserved and touches of home can be brought.
- Although private and secluded, our lodges are less than one mile from Stonehaven town centre where there are excellent pharmacies and GP practices.
We want everyone’s stay at Dalriada to be equally enjoyable, so please feel free to contact us to chat about how we can make your stay uniquely special.
Click here to view our detailed access guide from a survey by AccessAble